Programmes Manager (Re-advertisement)
Centre for Public Interest Law (CEPIL) is a non-profit, non-partisan, non-religious organization that aims to protect public interest in Uganda using law as a tool. As a member of Legal Aid Service Providers Network (LAPSNET), CEPIL aims to be the leading catalyst for social change in the political and economic sphere through research, advocacy, public interest litigation, technology and legal aid for vulnerable groups in Uganda.
Formed in 2009, CEPIL’s vision is a Uganda where rule of law is practiced and nurtured in public interest. CEPIL seeks to accomplish its mission through legal aid; public interest litigation; lobbying and advocacy; action-oriented research and training; and review of major economic policies and law.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Develop programme initiatives and project outlines to support CEPIL’s strategic direction.
- Oversee programme activities in accordance with CEPIL mission and goals
- Oversee the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes.
- Employ resourcefulness in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, trouble shoot project problems, identify and implement creative solutions.
- Oversee and ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of donor organizations.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of annual activity-based project workplans and budgets as well as monthly and quarterly narrative and financial reports and sending of new funding requests.
- Lead and motivate the diverse team, monitor project activities and expenditure and coordinate work with consultants and volunteers.
- Ensure close collaboration, coordination and communication with partners and stakeholders to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results.
- Identify fundraising strategies that benefit and complement the CEPIL vision and mission and carry out fundraising efforts with only the highest ethical standards.
- Manage project and finance audits with finance and administration team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for the Programme Manager vacancy must have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Law, Social Work, Business or related field
- Three years’ experience in programmes management preferably in NGO setting.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a diverse team.
- Understanding of project management
- Experience in using computers for a variety of tasks and competency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of people
- Articulate, confident and able to demonstrate sensitivity and diplomacy
- Experience working with social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Proven capacity to prioritize tasks, plan and organize individual efforts to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and experience in working with a partner-based approach.
- Eye for details and deadlines
How to apply:
All suitably qualified and interested should send an application letter and curriculum vitae including telephone and email contacts of three referees including current/most recent employer and salary expectations.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The applications should be sent to:
The Executive Director
Centre for Public Interest Law
Please indicate the position in the subject line.
Please note that only emailed submissions to the above address will be accepted.
For inquiries related to this application, please contact:
Centre for Public Interest Law
Plot 4 Jinja Road, Social Security House,
Northern Wing 5thFloor