Centre for Public Interest Law (CEPIL) is a non- profit, non-partisan, non-religious organization that is aimed at ensuring every person has equal access to social, economic and political opportunities without discrimination on the basis of their ethnicity, social standing, religion, political opinion, or membership of a political party or organization.
CEPIL undertakes a Judicial Scorecard Initiative to evaluate the performance of the Judiciary across Uganda and ensure judicial independence. Therefore, 4 months (August-December 2020) research will be conducted across various Courts to obtain information from Court officials and Court users.
• Schedule, prepare and conduct interviews
• Collect, compile and manage quantitative and qualitative date required for the study.
• Send collected data to the secretariat promptly
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Programme Officers.
• Computer literacy skills:
• Excellent interpersonal skills:
• Good communication and reporting skills:
• Good command of English language and at least one local language
NOTE: Applicants must own a smartphone and at least have access to a computer on a weekly basis.
Job Application procedure
Please email your CV, academic documents and cover letter clearly indicating preferred duty station to email@example.com copy in firstname.lastname@example.org with “Research Assistant” as the subject line.
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, 17th July at 5:00pm East Africa Time. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.